episode #11: Susan Strasser (INFJ) on teaching, the gig economy, therapy and addictions
|Jas @ INF club||May 22, 2020|
Mark Twain said: “Write what you know.” Susan is a Blogger, Memoirist, and Bus Driver living in Frederick, MD. Don't worry, she doesn't blog while she's driving! In addition to her writing adventures, she juggles being a mother, wife, and friend. Keep your eyes peeled for the first volume of her memoir in 2021!
Susan is an INFJ, and a member of the INF Club community.
🎙️ Listen + subscribe on your favourite podcast platform, here.
What we talk about:
1. Working in the gig economy (and, see #5, it's benefits)
2. Susan's teaching career - "it should come with a warning label for introverts"
3. On the decision to leave teaching behind
5. The benefits that have come from working in the gig economy
6. Starting a blog and putting yourself "out there"
7. Influences for Susan's writing
8. Balancing idealism with reality
9. Therapy and 12-step meetings for addiction recovery (and #12)
10. 'Timing' (and 'readiness') when it comes to exploring our personal stuff
11. Needs vs wants, noise, social media & smartphones
12. High-sensitivity and addictions
13. Freedom (vs structure)
14. Marriage-counselling & talking about feelings
- Susan’s written interview (on the INF club blog)
- Dead Poet’s Society
- Robin Williams
- Henry David Thoreau
Connect with Susan:
twitter | blog
🏠 INF Club now has a new home over at www.INFclub.net
👥 A place for INFP & INFJ writers, artists & creatives